Invitation for Bids (IFB)
|Project Holder||Road Development Agency|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFB Title||Reconstruction of Abadweine drift (310 m) located along the Hargeisa-Berbera road|
ICB No. P270
1. The Government of Somaliland (GoSL) through Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) has received funding from Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), the Embassy of Norway and the Kingdom of the Netherlands towards the cost of filling critical gaps by supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan. The GoSL has allocated part of the funding to the Road Development Agency (RDA). The RDA intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Fund to payments under the Contract ICB - P270 Procurement of Reconstruction of Abadweine drift (310 m) located along the Hargeisa-Berbera road.
2. The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat now invites sealed bids from eligible and qualified bidders for the Reconstruction of Abadweine drift (310 m) located along the Hargeisa-Berbera Road as per detailed specifications provided in the bidding documents. The project is located along the Hargeisa-Berbera main road transport corridor and is approximately 28 km from Berbera security check point towards Hamas Village and 10 km from Hamas village towards Berbera.
The main scope of works include:
(i) Construction and maintenance of temporary diversion road for traffic during the reconstruction of the drift
(ii) Demolition and disposal of existing drift concrete structure
(iii) Reconstruction of reinforced drift concrete cut-off walls and slab
(iv) Levelling / backfilling the scoured areas
(v) Overlaying asphalt concrete on the new drift slab
(vi) Installing drift guard posts
(vii) Constructing drift protection works that include installation of gabions and masonry wall for river training
(viii) Undertaking any other works identified during the implementation of the contract
3. Bidding will be in accordance with the International Competitive Bidding procedures as specified in the SDF procurement manual under the section for Procurement of Goods, Works and Non-Consulting Services 2014, and is open to all eligible bidders and will be open for 3 weeks.
5. Information relating to the SDF Procurement can be obtained through the SDF website www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org under the procurement section. Since the SDF is procuring multiple projects, interested bidders are requested to include the reference of the specific procurement notice that they are requesting for in the email subject line.
6. Sealed bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 16 January 2017 at 1100 hours. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the bidders’ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 16 January 2017 at 1100 hours.
7. All bids must be accompanied by a "Bid Security" of US Dollars 1,000 (one thousand US Dollars only).