Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Education and Higher Studies|
|Project||Sool and Sanaag Education Project|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Opportunity for Matrons (2), one each for Las Anod and Dayaha Secondary Schools, Sool and Sanaag Regions respectively|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), Norwegian Embassy and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) for the implementation of the Sool and Sanaag Education Project implemented by Ministry of Education and Higher Studies (MoEHS). As a part of its objectives, the project seeks to re-establish Dayaha and Las Anod Secondary schools in Sanaag and Sool regions of Somaliland respectively in sustainably managed boarding secondary schools. The MoE&HS therefore intends to use a part of the funding to engage the services of two (2) Matrons, one for Las Anod Secondary Boarding School and the second one for Dayaha Secondary Boarding School for a period of 11 months each.
The Ministry of Education and Higher Studies with support of the Somaliland Development Fund now invites qualified Matrons with experience in management of a mixed boarding school, house mother of the girls' dormitory, supervision of health and health education of all students to apply for these positions.
The Matrons will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
Qualifications and skills
- First Aid Diploma or Diploma in Nursing or Social Care
- Sensitive to working environment of a mixed boarding school
- A conducive personality for working with children
- Good listening and communication skills
- The ability to deal with emergencies calmly
- Understand working with different cultures and practices
- The ability to work in a team
- Good organisation, writing, IT and housekeeping skills
General professional experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a boarding school environment
- At least 3 years’ experience working with young people
- At least 2 years’ experience with management of medical matters relating to pupils, including the management of prescribed and non-prescribed medicines
- At least 2 years’ experience working with community based school management
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland women only.