Invitation for Applications (IFA)
|Project Holder||Ministry of Water Resources|
|Project||Water Resources Development in Somaliland|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund|
|IFA Title||Resident Engineer - Borama Water Supply System (1 position)|
The Somaliland Development Fund (SDF) is a 4-year fund designed to support the Government of Somaliland (GoSL) filling a critical gap supporting projects that are fully aligned to the National Development Plan (NDP). SDF is currently funded by the Department for International Development (DFID), the Danish International Development Agency (DANIDA), and the Governments of Norway and the Netherlands. The SDF has allocated funding to the Water Resources Development in Somaliland Project implemented by the Ministry of Water Resources (MoWR) and intends to use part of the funding for engaging the services of a Resident Engineer for Borama Water Supply System, Somaliland.
The Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat on behalf of the Ministry of Water Resources now invites applications from qualified Individual Consultants to provide the above services.
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering;
- Experience of working on donor funded projects;
- Should be registered with the professional bodies in the home country;
- Experience in structural design would be useful;
- Strong technical background in report writing.
General professional experience
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience in implementation/supervision of water supply systems and possibly design of water supply systems;
- Experience with water supply projects within East and Horn of Africa;
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD, and water modelling software such as EPANET.
Specific professional experience
- At least 5 years’ experience as Resident Engineer in large water supply projects of similar size and complexity;
- Should have been Resident Engineer in at least 3 projects similar in scope and size to Borama;
- At least 5 years demonstrable experience in contract management and dealing with contractors/IPs.
How to apply
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for the position.
This role is open to Somaliland and international candidates.
Somaliland and women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.