P101-045 Invitation for Applications for Electromechanical Engineer - Re-advertisement
Project Holder:Ministry of Water Resources Development
Project:Borama Water Supply Improvement Project
Fund:Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title:Electromechnical Engineer - Borama water supply project
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018 – 2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to Ministry of Water Resources Development for the implementation of Borama Water Supply Improvement Project as one of the transitional projects. The project is currently under implementation.
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a qualified Electromechanical Engineer to support the project in review and finalisation of electromechanical designs, drawings and BOQs and to check electromechanical equipment supplied to the client as well as monitor installation of the electromechanical works at critical stages.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- B. Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering;
- Experience of electrical works of water supply systems;
- Should be registered with the professional bodies in the home country;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in design of Electrical/Electromechanical works;
- Experience working within East and Horn of Africa;
- Proficiency in use basic computer software such as MS Access, Excel, Word, Power point, AutoCAD, and electrical modelling software.
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in design of water supply electromechanical works;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in supervision of water supply electromechanical works;
- Have designed at least 3 SCADA systems for rural and or urban water supply systems;
- Registered with a recognised Engineering body; and
- Proficiency in use of AutoCAD and electrical modelling software.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Full Terms of Reference can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.