P101-060 Invitation for Applications for Crosscutting Issues Officer - three positions
Project Holder:Various Ministries
Project:Various Projects (MoAD, MoTRD, HWA)
Fund:Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
IFA Title:Crosscutting Issues Officer (three positions)
Reporting to:Project Manager of relevant Project
Duration:12 months renewable contract based on performance
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds for implementation of project by different Ministries and Agencies. All SDF projects are designed with mandatory requirements for mainstreaming crosscutting issues including Community Organisation, Conflict Sensitive Programming, Gender Equity and Social Inclusion, Environment and Social Impact, and Capacity Development. Mainstreaming of these corsscutting issues will be led by a Crosscutting Issues Officer (CIO) at the project level.
The SDF Secretariat therefore invites applications from qualified Somaliland Nationals to apply for the positions. The three successful candidates will be assigned to one SDF funded project each as part of the Project Management Team in Hargeisa under the leadership of the Project Manager.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- At least a Bachelor's degree in either Development Studies, Social Sciences, Conflict Management or Environment Studies.
- At least 5 years of demonstrated experience with donor-funded development projects implemented by INGOs or international consulting firms as an Officer.
- At least 3 years demonstrated experience with direct involvement in one of the following crosscutting themes: Community Organisation, Conflict Sensitive Programming, Gender Equity and Social Inclusion.
- Demonstrated knowledge of participatory decision-making, facilitation of consultation and engagement with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Somaliland political, social, cultural, environmental, and development context.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
- Proven facilitation, analytical and report writing skills.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their applications (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Detailed Job Description can be found here.
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This consultancy is open to Somaliland nationals only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.