P101-071 Request for Expressions of Interest for Somaliland Urban Towns Water Tariff Study
|Hargeisa Water Agency
|Increasing Water Production from Lasdhure Aquifer and Connecting to Existing System at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station
|Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
|Somaliland Urban Towns Water Tariff Study
1. The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s ambitions are fully aligned with the NDP2 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
2. The SDF has allocated funds to the Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA) for the implementation of Increasing Water Production from Laasdhure Aquifer and connecting to existing system at New Geed Deeble Pumping Station Project activities. One of the activities under this project is “Somaliland Urban Towns Water Tariff Study”.
3. The objective of the assignment is to study the current urban water tariff practices in six towns in Somaliland. The six towns are Hargeisa, Borama, Tog Wajale, Berbera, Burao and Erigavo. The assignment will involve assessment on the current tariff levels through financial and technical data collection and studying asset valuation practices. The assignment will also involve reviewing the existing regulatory framework in relation to urban water management, assessing and understanding political economy of urban water pricing regimes. The consultant is expected to benchmark comparative performance (operational, financial and customer performance) of the agencies in relation to the different operating contexts of the utilities and make recommendations for implementation and to inform future policy setting and regulations.
4. The SDF Secretariat now invites eligible Consulting Firms to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested Consultant Firms should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
- Demonstrate that they are registered entity
- Demonstrate that they are Tax Compliant in the country of registration/domicile
- Demonstrate that they have with minimum 10 years’ experience offering similar services.
- Demonstrate that they have conducted at least three similar assignments in the East and Horn of Africa region.
- Ability to provide the minimum required qualified team of senior consultants
5. The attention of interested Consultant Firms is drawn to SDF Procurement Manual 2019 Section on Selection methods for Consulting Services. The SDF procurement manual can be accessed at Resources (somalilanddevelopmentfund.org)
6. Consultant Firms may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture to enhance their qualifications.
7. A Consultant Firm will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method as set out in the SDF Procurement Manual 2019.
Expressions of interest must be delivered by email to the email address indicated below on or before 23 December 2020 by 11.00 am East African Standard Time.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies and service providers to influence the outcome of the selection process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this service provision.8. The address and contact details are as follows:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Manager
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394