P101-098 Invitation for Applications for Senior Transport Expert for Developing National Guideline
|Ministry of Transport and Roads Development (MoTRD)
|Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project
|Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
|Short-Term Senior Transport Expert for Developing National Guideline for Driver Training, Licensing, and Certification
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Transport and Roads Development (MoTRD) for the implementation of the Burao-Berbera Road Rehabilitation Project. As a part of this project, MoTRD would like to engage the services of a Short-Term Senior Transport Expert to develop a National Guideline for Driver Training, Licensing, and Certification. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The Senior Transport Expert will deliver the assignment supported by a National Counterpart seconded by the MoTRD. The Senior Transport Expert is expected to have the following skills, experience, and qualifications.
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other relevant degree
- Minimum of a Master’s degree specialising in road transport service policy
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English
General professional experience
- Minimum 10 years working as Road Transport Safety Expert specifically in the development of guidelines, policies, standards, and strategies
Specific professional experience
- Minimum 7 years developing driver guidelines, training manuals, certification, and standard setting in similar settings
- Conducted at least 2 similar assignments in the last 5 years in a similar context
- Proven experience in facilitating at least 2 national policy/guideline workshops in the last 5 years
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.