P101-099 Invitation for Applications for Senior Operations and Maintenance Expert
|Various (MoAD, MoTRD, MoWRD, MoLFD, HWA)
|Several projects - 5 (MoAD, MoTRD, MoWRD, MoLFD, HWA)
|Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
|Senior Operations and Maintenance Expert
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development program. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds for the implementation of various projects implemented by the following Ministries, Departments and Agencies.
- Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA)
- Ministry of Water Resource Development (MoWRD)
- Ministry of Agricultural Development (MoAD)
- Ministry of Transport and Roads Development (MoTRD
- Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD)
All SDF2 projects have an output dedicated to capacity development whose implementation contributes to the SDF2 overall objective at the fund level. As part of their projects, the above MDAs have assigned part of their funds under capacity development to conducting an Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Needs Assessment. The objective of the assessment is to establish a baseline on existing regulatory and institutional frameworks, processes, skills, and equipment to support the process the O&M for SDF funded investments. Based on these, the assignment will also identify existing gaps and propose remedial measures for addressing them.
The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified Experts to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- At least a master’s degree in Management, Organizational Development, Public Administration, or other relevant institutional development studies
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English
General professional experience
- Minimum of 12 years' experience working as public management or institutional development expert in Africa
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in countries emerging out of conflict or fragile states
Specific professional experience
- Minimum of 8 years' experience of institutional analysis or organizational assessments in the public sector
- Conducted at least 3 O&M assessments in the public sector in the last 5 years
As part of the selection process, candidates will be requested to provide examples of verifiable project reports from their most recent or relevant assignments. Links to reports which are available online can be provided as a part of the application.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.