P101-128 Invitation for Applications for Cooperatives Development Officer
|Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development
|Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project
|Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
|Cooperatives Development Officer
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2024. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2's ambitions are fully aligned with the NDP2 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
The SDF has allocated funds to the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries Development (MoLFD) for the implementation of the Strengthening Artisanal Fisheries in Sanaag Project. As a part of this project, MoLFD would like to recruit a Cooperatives Development Officer. The SDF Secretariat is therefore inviting qualified candidates to apply for the position.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Degree in social sciences, cooperative development, entrepreneurship, business management or other relevant fisheries related degree.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in cooperative development, cooperative business operations, value chain strengthening, management and agriculture or fisheries development.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in developing or building capacities of organizations and individuals with low literacy levels.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in organizing communities and strengthening organizations (from governance to operations).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working in artisanal fisheries value chains targeted at coastal fishing communities.
- Conducted at least 1 assessment or improvement plan with coastal fisheries communities in the last 3 years.
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English and Somali.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This position is open to Somaliland candidates only.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.