P101-174 Request for Proposal Consulting Services for Borama Ground Water Sustainability Studies, Somaliland
|Ministry of Water Resources Development (MoWRD)
|Proposed Extension of Borama Water Supply Project
|Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2
|Borama Ground Water Sustainability Studies (subject to funding approval)
|26 January 2024
- The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 is an inclusive economic development program and supports the Government of Somaliland in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030. The current SDF2 phase covers the period September 2018 - March 2024.
- The SDF Joint Steering Committee is currently considering a one-year extension from 1 April 2024 – 31 March 2025. If the extension is approved, then the Ministry of Water Resource Development (MoWRD) will be allocated funds for the implementation of the Extension of Borama Water Supply Project. As a part of this project, MoWRD intends to use parts of these funds to procure services of a firm to conduct the Borama Ground Water Sustainability Studies.
- The SDF Secretariat now requests for proposals for the Borama Ground Water Sustainability Studies, Somaliland (hereinafter called “Services”). Full details on the Services are provided in the Terms of Reference (Section 7).
- It is not permissible to transfer this Consultancy to any other firm after submission of proposals.
- The Consulting Firm shall be selected under Quality and Cost-Based Selection (QCBS) procedure upon submission of a Full Technical Proposal (FTP) described in this Request for Proposals (RFP) and in accordance with the SDF Procurement Manual, March 2019 which can be found on the website through the following link: (https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/images/phocadownload/SDF2_Procurement_Manual.pdf).
- The RFP includes the following documents:
Section 1 – Request for Proposals
Section 2 – Instructions to Consultants and Data Sheet
Section 3 – Technical Proposal (FTP) - Standard Forms
Section 4 – Financial Proposal - Standard Forms
Section 5 – Eligible Countries
Section 6 – Fraud and Corruption
Section 7 – Terms of Reference
Section 8 – Standard Forms of Contract are Lump-Sum.
- Please inform us of receipt of the RFP by email indicating:
- that you have received this Request for Proposals; and
- whether you intend to submit a proposal alone or intend to enhance your experience by requesting permission to associate with other firm(s) (if permissible under Section 2, Instructions to Consultants (ITC), Data Sheet 14.1.1).
Your attention is drawn to the SDF2 Procurement Guidelines on the disclosure of information on the successful Consultant’s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the Request for Proposals.
Any attempt by individuals, institutions, companies, and service providers to influence the outcome of the selection process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this service provision.
- The proposals must be physically delivered to the address indicated below on or before:
Date: 26 February 2024
Time: 11:00 East African Time (EAT)
Address and contact details:
Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat Office
Attn: Procurement Team
Masala Area, Hargeisa, Somaliland
Telephone: + 252 633 501 394
Contract for this Consultancy Service will be awarded subject to the approval of the SDF2 extension and funding availability.